Service Area Coordinator
The Service Area Coordinator (SAC) provides leadership and administration for a service area within a University Housing residential complex. Each Service Area includes 24/7 Front Desk Operations, Fitness Centers, and Residence Hall Tours. In conjunction with the Residence Hall Coordinators and Area Coordinators, the SAC assists with the supervision and maintenance of a comprehensive inclusive residential living program. The SAC is responsible for staff training and the daily administration of residential operations, facilities, and programs. The SAC serves on one University Housing Services Professional Staff committee, and assists in projects designed to enhance the quality of student life for residence hall students. The SAC will strive to create a residential environment that is conducive to living and learning. This position will also participate in a 24-hour on-call/duty coverage rotation. This is an entry-level position designed to progress within the field as such; this position has a 5-year limit.
"I have enjoyed working with my teams, and the friendships that have developed."
- Joe, SAC
- Administrative management of a residential service area for 900–2,000 students.
- Select, train, and supervise and evaluate service area student staff.
- Provide leadership for service area operations of at least one residential complex, which can include front desks, fitness center, mail room, tours, office assistant(s), and facilities.
- Participates in University Housing initiatives (i.e. department-wide programs, student leadership recruitment and selection, Homecoming, etc.).
- Facilitate scheduled staff meetings.
- Serve on a standing professional staff committee for University Housing Services.
- Collaborate and maintain regular contact with campus partners.
- Review and follow up on room and building work orders.
- Serve as a resource person for area students and staff.
- Identify and create opportunities for those in underrepresented groups to gain leadership and employment opportunities.
- Participate in 24-hour on-call/duty coverage rotation.
- Participate in resolving personal and/or community-related conflicts.
- Interpret and enforce university policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree prior to start of position.
- Ability to travel between residential buildings and respond to critical incidents within ten minutes
- Two (2) years part-time administrative work in the residence halls or campus activities.
- Experience working in a university setting, residential life preferred.
- Office administrative skills; competent computer and Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to provide student-centered and customer service orientation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and active listening skills.
- Ability to accept change with a positive attitude.
- Flexibility and adaptability for shifting from one task to another.
- Sensitivity to multi-cultural issues and supports a diverse environment.
This is a 12-month position with a starting salary of $3528/month with benefits.
This is a live-in position and staff is provided with a furnished apartment and 100 meal swipes per semester.
This position is currently filled. Check back here soon!