Housing and Dining Contracts
In order to live in University Housing, a student must be registered at the University and must be at least 17 years of age at the time of commencement of their residence hall occupancy. Requests for exceptions to the minimum age requirement may be submitted to University Housing Services for review by the director. Admission and/or enrollment to the University does not guarantee eligibility for on-campus housing. If you have any questions, please contact University Housing Services at (309) 438-8611.
More to explore
Students may apply for an Exemption to the On-Campus Housing Policy which states students must live in University Housing for their first two years out of high school. Students that have been out of high school for two or more years that wish to live in University Housing may submit a Request to Live in On-Campus Housing. All of these processes are in the Housing and Dining Portal. Admission to the University does not guarantee a space in on-campus housing.
Steps for Submitting Contract
Spring 2024 Admits
- Beginning Tuesday, October 10 at 8:30 a.m., visit the Housing & Dining Portal.
- Once you have logged into the portal, select Manage Your Housing & Dining at the top of the portal homepage to begin.
- Follow the first steps to complete your housing and dining contract, as well as make your initial payment. You will need a credit or debit card to make your initial payment. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover cards. A payment confirmation can be printed after submitting your initial payment.
- You have the opportunity to tell us about yourself by creating your personal profile.
- You will be placed where we have available spaces. Roommate Matching and Room Selection are not possible for the spring semester.
- Spring contract process closes on January 24 at 4:30 p.m.
New Fall 2024 Students
The Housing and Dining Portal opens for new students to submit housing contracts, initial payments, and exemptions.
If you are a required first time in college student, you are guaranteed a randomized online room selection date and the ability to roommate match if you submit your housing contract and your initial payment by and including May 1. Required transfer students who submit by and including May 1 are entered into a lottery where 100 students will be selected to participate in roommate matching and room selection.
June & July
Room selection for students who received a room selection date will be open in the Housing and Dining Portal.
Returning Residents - Fall 2024 Contract Renewal
September 12, 2023 at 8:30 a.m.
The On-Campus Release Request process opens in the Housing and Dining Portal. Current students who are required over the 2024-2025 year will receive an email with a form to fill out. These are first-come-first-served. There are a limited number of release requests, and the process will close when they run out. For more information, check our On-Campus Release Request page.
September 19, 2023 at 8:30 a.m.
The Exemption process opens in the Housing and Dining Portal. This process is for students who have a NEED to live off campus. The process will stay open until mid-August. For more information, please check our Exemptions page.
October 10, 2023 at 8:30 a.m.The Spring contracts open in the Housing and Dining Portal.
January 24, 2024 at 4:30 p.m.
Spring contract process closes.
The Housing and Dining Portal opens for current students to submit housing contracts and requests to live on campus.
Contract renewal ends. Students who do not complete their contract during contract renewal will be placed after new incoming students participate in room selection. They can complete their room and location preferences in the portal.
Placements are announced, including room and roommate information.