Housing and Dining Contracts
In order to live in University Housing, a student must be registered at the University and must be at least 17 years of age at the time of commencement of their residence hall occupancy. Requests for exceptions to the minimum age requirement may be submitted to University Housing Services for review by the director. Admission and/or enrollment to the University does not guarantee eligibility for on-campus housing. If you have any questions, please contact University Housing Services at (309) 438-8611.
More to explore
Students may apply for an Exemption to the On-Campus Housing Policy which states students must live in University Housing for their first two years out of high school. Students that have been out of high school for two or more years that wish to live in University Housing may submit a Request to Live in On-Campus Housing. All of these processes are in the Housing and Dining Portal. Admission to the University does not guarantee a space in on-campus housing.
Steps for Submitting Contract
Summer 2023 and Fall 2023 New Students
- Beginning Tuesday, February 14, 2023 at 8:30 a.m., visit the Housing & Dining Portal.
- Once you have logged into the portal, select Manage Your Housing & Dining at the top of the portal homepage to begin.
- Follow the first steps to complete your housing and dining contract, as well as make your initial payment. You will need a credit or debit card to pay your initial payment. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover cards. A payment confirmation can be printed after submitting your initial payment.
- You have the opportunity to create your personal profile for roommate matching, submit TLLC preferences, and update your personal informaiton.
- First Time in College Students who submit their Housing Contract and initial payment by May 1 can participate in roommate matching and will be eligible to participate in room selection in the summer months.
- Transfer students who submit their contract by May 1 will be entered into a lottery where 100 students will be selected to participate in roommate matching and room seleciton. All other transfer students will be assigned a space in July based on room preferences submitted in the Housing and Dining Portal.
New Fall 2023 Students
If you are a required first time in college student, you are guaranteed a randomized online room selection date and the ability to roommate match if you submit your housing contract and your intial payment by and including May 1. Required transfer students who submit by and including May 1 are entered into a lottery where 100 students will be selected to participate in roommate matching and room selection.
Room selection for students who received a room selection date will be open in the Housing and Dining Portal.
- February 21 at 8:30 a.m. - Contract renewal opens for returning students in the Housing and Dining Portal. This is when students will sign contracts, complete their personal profile, and roommate match.
- February 28 at 7:30a.m. TLLC room selection in the Housing and Dining Portal will take place.
- On Tuesday, February 28 at 7:30 a.m TLLC room selection will open for Fine Arts, Music, I-House, IT, Nursing, Health Sciences and Wellness, Sophomore Experience and ACE.
- On Wednesday, March 1 at 7:30 a.m. TLLC room selection will open for the following floors: Leadership and Service, Honors, Co-Sciences, Teacher Education, Special Education, Math, Rainbow, BRMM, and Social Work.
- March 6 - March 24 - Room Selection by Area: Returning students can participate in room selection in the Housing and Dining Portal
- Monday, March 6 at 7:30 a.m. - Students can select a Cardinal Court space
- Tuesday, March 7 at 7:30 a.m. - Students can select a Hewett/Manchester space
- Wednesday, March 8 at 7:30 a.m. - Students can select a Tri-Towers space
- Thursday, March 9 at 7:30 a.m. - Students can select a Watterson Towers space
- Friday, March 9 - Friday, March 24 - Students can select a space in any area until 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 24 at 4:30 p.m. - contract renewal closes
- If you wish to request an exemption to the on-campus housing policy, you may do so at any point within the Housing and Dining Portal, the process is outlined here