Skip to main content

Contract Cancellation

You may cancel your contract if you have fulfilled the University's on-campus housing requirement, have been granted (in writing by University Housing Services) an exemption to the housing requirement, or have withdrawn from the University. Because the contract is legally binding, it can only be canceled by the student who completed the original contract. Contract cancellations must be submitted through the Housing and Dining Portal under "Manage Your Housing and Dining". If you are unable to do so, please contact University Housing Services at (309) 438-8611 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or email at

Cancellation Fees

Depending upon the time of the year in which a student cancels, there may be substantial cancellation and other charges that may be applied to a student account. For complete cancellation dates and associated charges please refer to the cancellation policy portion of the Terms and Conditions. If you wish to appeal the cancellation charges, please complete the Contract Cancellation Fee Appeal below.

Academic Dismissal Form

In May 2024, University College will notify our office of students who have been academically dismissed from Illinois State University. However, students who have been academically dismissed have the option to submit a petition for reinstatement. For information regarding your academic standing and the reinstatement process, contact University College at (309) 438-3217. There are no cancellation fees associated with the canceling of a housing contract in terms of academic dismissal. 

Academic dismissal will constitute a cancellation of your housing contract for the 2023-2024 Academic Year. Please fill out the academic dismissal form below if it pertains to you.